Friday, May 30, 2008

bolted

I am sitting on the BoltBus taking advantage of its wi-fi, for which I have paid, if not handsomely, then at least in a manner deserving the love of someone beyond said payment's mother. Maybe said payment's mother and a drunken sorority girl. My connection is stable at any moment the bus is not in motion, which has been much of the ride, so I am current on today's events, my e-mail correspondence and what the landscape we are driving through looks like from space. I just read Mandy's latest blog post, which is full of the sort of happy delirium/delirious happiness that I also experience at 4 in the morning but am not able to put into the sort of joyful phrases she can conjure. I'm happy that she's recently experienced that kind of happiness, and I hope I can experience it soon, too, and I hope that you can too, and that in telling you that it exists, a pure sense of joy that results from nothing but being awake, alive and sensing the amazingness of the world--that in telling you this, I am helping it happen for you, too.

2 comments:

Bananarchist said...

i just rediscovered your blog. great stuff. and if you stare at the title long enough about a dozen words emerge. did you mean that to happen, wordsmith?

Raj said...

Now *I* have rediscovered my blog! Maybe I'll post again soon. I didn't mean for the magic eye word emergence to happen, but I think if you look at most things long enough, new meanings start to reveal themselves. I think this is why they keep re-airing 'Brewsters Millions' on TBS.