Sunday, January 18, 2009

how things go

This morning I slept in until 11 am. I had two glasses of water and got dressed. I went to the gym and spent 20 minutes on the elliptical at a mounting scale of resistance while watching "Mean Girls" on ABC Family. Wondered when 'bitchy' became a word appropriate to air on a television network aimed at family audiences. After sweating all over a series of leg muscle-oriented weights machines, I came home. I quickly made some black bean soup, showered and ate the soup while reading the Sunday Times. I chatted online with three friends and made plans to see each of them, then I relocated to Outpost Cafe to give K and B the house to themselves for the day. I read two stories from Raymond Carver's "Will You Be Quiet, Please?" and decided that I must have stolen from one of them for a short story I wrote in 2005. Had a cup of peppermint tea. Moved to a table near a power outlet in the back, had another cup of tea and an almond croissant, reformatted my resume, sent some e-mails, scoped the nearby movie listings.

No comments: